Kingdom of the Northlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training for your mind. (if you don't like reading then ignore this)

2 posters

Go down

Training for your mind. (if you don't like reading then ignore this) Empty Training for your mind. (if you don't like reading then ignore this)

Post  fang-ravencroft Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:56 am

Some recommendations for strategy and combat.

Go Rin No Sho (the book of five rings) - by Miyamoto, Musashi.

-I've found this one to be extremely helpful in my training.

- feel free to reply with whatever you guys have that has helped you.
fang-ravencroft
fang-ravencroft

Location : Currently; Training in the Mountains appx. SW of Aratari, NW of Albion, and E of Fal'Dara

Back to top Go down

Training for your mind. (if you don't like reading then ignore this) Empty Re: Training for your mind. (if you don't like reading then ignore this)

Post  Magnus Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:24 pm

You might also try Sun Tzu's book the "The Art of War" although this is more strategy than tactics where musashi's book is more tactics than strategy. as a side note for those that do not want to purchase or are short on cash these are periodically available on the bargain rack at Barnes n Noble or free online from the gutenberg project.

Magnus

Back to top Go down

Training for your mind. (if you don't like reading then ignore this) Empty Re: Training for your mind. (if you don't like reading then ignore this)

Post  fang-ravencroft Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:01 am

or for those of you who are computer savvy, i can get you PDF's
fang-ravencroft
fang-ravencroft

Location : Currently; Training in the Mountains appx. SW of Aratari, NW of Albion, and E of Fal'Dara

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnus Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:24 pm

ok so those are the classic eastern books on war but does anyone have recommendations for anything western? I know there are some SCA books out there but for the life of me cannot think of any names right now.

Magnus

Back to top Go down

Post  fang-ravencroft Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 am

when you say western do you mean western European or native American?
fang-ravencroft
fang-ravencroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum