Kingdom of the Northlands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter practice location

5 posters

Go down

Winter practice location Empty Winter practice location

Post  Sir Shrew Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:51 pm

Ok, we have a location for winter practices. The location is the old YMCA on Leonard NW just west of Alpine Ave. The location is being built as an interactive science center. From all I have heard it sounds like a REALLY COOL idea, and will be a great place.

I feel that this is a great opportunity for us, and we should not miss this. If we do this right we can gain access to a place for winter practices for a long time. If we build the right relationship now, then we can set ourselves up for success in the long run. The building will eventually be filled with a lot of machines, and tools that would could gain access to. They are getting a CNC cutter that could cut foam quickly and make sword fries easily. Might even be able to use this cutter to make armor, and specialize shields.

To gain access to a room there, all we have to do is put ourselves to work helping get the building in shape. They have alot of work that needs to be done, and we can trade work for time in one of the rooms there. The idea is simple we get a group of people together work on the simple projects they need done, and we get time in a room. The more time we put in, the more time we get back. The work needed is pretty varied and there is something any of us can do. What I think would work well is for us to pick a day next weekend, and get as many of us to go up there and work for a while, and then fight for awhile.

So, what does next Saturday or Sunday work best for people? And what time should we start?

Please let everyone know who may not have access to this board, or may not check it often

Shrew

Sir Shrew

Back to top Go down

Winter practice location Empty Either Work

Post  MacPherson Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 am

Anytime Saturday works, but Sunday I can't get us in until 1pm.
MacPherson
MacPherson

Back to top Go down

Winter practice location Empty Re: Winter practice location

Post  Scios Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:35 am

I believe either Saturday or Sunday should work for me. I still have to check out my work schedule, but I believe i have them both off.

Scios

Back to top Go down

Post  megs Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:35 pm

I work every other Sa/Su 3-11:30pm (this is my weekend on (Jan 15/16), so I'll be off next weekend(Jan 22/23))
So I could help out some of the time if this becomes a regular thing

megs

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashen Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:19 pm

i was over there yesterday and going back today to put in some more hours. it will be a nice facility. if your free put in some time. if you need info on it please contact mcphearson (dave).
Ashen
Ashen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Shrew Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Well, I can not do anything this weekend. Got stuck with work stuff. But please everyone feel free to setup something if you would like. I will shoot to get myself up there next weekend.

Sir Shrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Scios Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Me and Jeff will be there tomorrow-January 21-at 1pm or so. Anybody who wants to go should. If you need a ride shoot me a text at 616-516-7793.

Scios

Back to top Go down

Post  MacPherson Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 pm

I will be able to begin hosting Sunday February 6th at the old YMCA at 902 Leonard St. NW Grand Rapids, MI. Cost $5 per person or come bust ass for a day renovating the building 12-7pm Monday-Saturday. If we get enough representation from the Kingdom helping with the building we'll never have to worry about an indoor location again. Weapons Check starts at 1pm Fighting will begin at 2pm. There wont be running water for about a month, so no bathrooms and bring drinking water.
MacPherson
MacPherson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Shrew Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Just curious how practices have been going? Due to a dislocated radius bone in my right arm I have not been able to fight. I can not just sit and watch fighting it tears me apart. I should be back in the next few weeks. Depending on how it feels I might be able to make next weeks practice, but will be forced to fight single sword off hand. It is driving my nuts to not be able to fight.

Shrew

Sir Shrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Shrew Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:18 am

Is there a practice this Sunday March 20th?

Sir Shrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down